Cosmo, BH&G or People Woman
Rachel Pierce-Ministerial Student
May 10, 2015
There is One God, Existing in Three Persons
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
The Bible (the books of the Old and New Testaments) are inspired by God, and are without error in their original writings.
A Personal Relationship with God through Faith in Jesus Christ, and the Spirit-Filled life resulting from the total Surrender of the Believer to the Whole Will of God.
The Local Church is a Body of Believers that is the visible expression of the Christian Church, united on the Gospel principles of Believers Baptism, Communion, Prayer, The Word of God, Fellowship, Testifying to the news of salvation in our community and around the world.
For more on what we believe click here:
Wesleyan - Our Core Values Beliefs
"A Church That Seeks to Build Whole People"
According to the Bible a Whole Person lives like Jesus, and DeKalb Wesleyan exists to encourage all people to be Christ like . . .
(Isaiah 58:11-12; Romans 8:29; Colossians 1:28).
Building Whole People is our mission. God’s Word shows us that it is not just His desire to change the opinion of a person. He wants a person to live for Jesus and be like Him. So we believe that it is our calling to partner with God in this transformative process as the Spirit leads us. We are to be ministers of reconciliation
(Isaiah 58:11-12; II Corinthians 5:19-20; Romans 8:29; Colossians 1:28)
Traits of a whole person:
• 100 % Devoted to becoming like Jesus.
• Consistent personal involvement in prayer and study of the Bible.
• Attention to following God’s plan.
• Influenced by other believers that encourage them to be like Christ.
• Actively meets the needs of others.
• Openly professes the joy of salvation with others.
DeKalb Wesleyan Church
I have always attempted to perceive my Christian journey as an adventure. The more that God discloses, the more I have come to discover that I will always be a person in process.
My life history has had a profound impact upon me, and this pilgrimage has deeply shaped my following Core Values:
• Prayer-centered living • Spiritual formation • Family
• Loyalty • Teamwork • Healthy community
• The sovereignty of God • Inspiring worship • Holy living
• Investment in people • Organization • Life Long Learning
LBA Member at Large
Member at Large